Who is Shred Nations?
Since 1999, we’ve helped hundreds of independently owned shredding companies grow their business and effectively compete against larger shredding companies. Today, as online demand continues to grow, we’re always looking for reliable, quality shredding solutions to meet the needs of our local customers.
We partner with committed, customer-responsive, growth-oriented companies that want to stay ahead in an ever-changing, internet “connected” marketplace. Together, Shred Nations partners are changing the way shredding gets done.
What is a Retail Partner?
We field around 1,500 shredding inquiries a day from across the United States. About one third of those inquiries are best suited to drop off their shredding at a convenient location near them.
We refer these customers to our network of retail partners in their local market. Our referral service is FREE to our retail partners, because we want to help our customers find solutions to their needs. Our retail partners provide a secure shredding bin for these small scale customers to drop their documents for a small fee. Each partner location is in charge of their own pricing, weighing the documents and ensuring that it is properly placed.
Why should I become a Partner?
- For the past five years, the volume of Shred Nations residential inquiries has grown substantially.
- Our network of partners service 10+ box shredding projects.
- Your store provides a great solution to shredding customers with a small volume of shredding.
- We will direct all local 0-3 box shredding requests to you, free of charge.
- This win-win relationship will enable us to serve more customers inquiring about small scale destruction services on the internet.
How does it Work?
- A customer calls Shred Nations with a request for 0-3 boxes for destruction.
- Our Information Specialist team will answer the call and direct them to the nearest drop off shredding location.
- The customer will then drop the boxes off at your location.
- You charge the customer your per-pound fee.
- Your shredder will pick up and shred the paper.
The Shred Nations Information Specialist team receives:
- 100,000 phone calls annually
- 24,000+ internet inquiries
Partnering with you allows us to provide a solution to nearly 60% of our annual inquiries.
How Do I Sign Up?
Click to fill out our form
Why do you have a local phone number that is not mine on the listing?
Google and Bing require that we have our phone number listed to service the customers that we are sending your way. We made it a local number to make it easier for customers to contact us.
Can I upgrade my page to show in front of others in your directory?
Unfortunately, at this time we do not have that option. We are constantly evaluating how to bring our customers and partners more value. We may have some options in the future that will enable our retail partners to do this.
What if I have multiple locations?
We can sign you up for all your locations. There is no limit to the amount of locations you can have with our service.
When will I start seeing more shredding customers from my Shred Nations service?
It is hard to tell. Most new locations see customers within 4-8 weeks.
Is there somewhere I can login and make changes to my listing myself?
Yes, you can go to login here. Use the username and password that you established when you activated your account. If you need help logging in, give us a call or use the “Forget Your Password?” link.
Do I have to pay Shred Nations?
No, your subscription is completely free.
What do I do when a Shred Nations customer shows up at my store?
The same thing that you do when any other customer comes into your store with their shredding. Weigh it, charge them and deposit the documents in a secure shredding bin.
What if I do not have a shredding service?
Shred Nations has a network of shredding partners nationwide. We would be happy to set you up with a local shredding partner in your area.
We already have a shredder.
Shred Nations does not provide the shredding services, but it refers customers to the appropriate shredders. For small volume shredding, they will be directed to local drop off shredding locations. Large volume shredding will be directed to mobile or offsite shredding services.